Saturday, 28 June 2014

Working From Home: Fantasy Schedule

34 days to go before Sam and I get the keys to our new flat in Sheffield. 35 until we actually move in.

Unsurprisingly, I'm getting rather excited.



So from August I'll be living in Sheffield, studying at Manchester, and - from October - working part time in Leeds. It's a good thing I quite like train journeys!

The part time job in Leeds is very part time - we're talking 20 hours a year - so that's not going to be much of an issue, and getting to Manchester in the week is pretty cheap if you book in advance and are happy to be a bit flexible with your hours. I have an office at my uni, so I'll want to be popping over fairly regularly (I'm aiming for 2-3 days a week). That still leaves two or three working days at home each week.

And that got me thinking - because if there's anything I like thinking about, it's what living in the Sheffield flat will be like.


So I've ended up constructing a very specific image of what a "typical" (read: total fantasy) day working from home might look like...

6:30am: Wake up, have breakfast
7am - 8:30: Go on exercise bike
8:30 - 9:15: Shower, dressed, healthy snack, hair and make up. Lay out books, notepads, and laptop on work table (whether that's in the dining room or the spare room that day)
9:30 - 10am: Walk down to Fancie and pick up a coffee to take away
10am - 6pm: Work! (with 30 minutes for lunch)
6pm - late: Annoy Sam, eat dinner, and relax.

How much of "work" will actually turn out to be mindless web-surfing/Netflix marathoning remains to be seen. But I feel this is a decent little plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment