Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Happy July!

It's here! July is here!

I am so happy about this that I'm having to restrain myself from using a gif to express my joy. So instead, have a photo of one of the reasons (reason number one, to be fair) as to why I'm so bloody excited that it's July...


It's this month I finally get to go to the Lake District for the first time in almost a year.

And what's more, I get to go for 10 whole nights! Excited is not the word.

But that's not all that's going on, in addition to work kicking my butt again with a renewed vigour, July is also my last month living in Manchester. So that means when I get back I'll have around a week (maybe less, depending on my Dad's work schedule) to pack all my worldly possessions and get ready to hand the keys in with 5 weeks still on my contract (if you lived in this flat, you'd understand).

In that time as well my mate from Leeds (who is part of a growing number that I don't get to see nearly enough) is supposed to be visiting for an all dayer around the city centre (last time the focus was all too much on Oxford Road).

It's also my cousin Gavin's birthday this month - I have my fingers crossed that we will finally be able to make it to the family BBQ to celebrate (especially as my expat aunt and uncle are over for the first time in 7 years), but we'll have to see on that score.

Anyway, me being me, I ought to think of some goals....


  • Standard monthly goals like try to keep fit (ish) and go outside sometimes should be pretty do-able with the whole being in the mountains for a third of the month thing.

  • Get the legal context section written by the end of the month (and see my legal supervisor before she goes away). Because I hate free time, apparently.

  • Be ready to write philosophical approach section either planned or started by the end of the month (aiming for completion in mid-August).

  • Beat my personal best for hill height (582m).

  • Keep a journal - even a really crappy one - while in the hills.

  • Do some decent touristy things in the Lakes (Ullswater steamers, gingerbread in Grasmere, eat Kendal Mint Cake, go on the Ravenglass-Eskdale Railway, etc.)

  • Go to the beach at least once. I'm not mad keen on the beach (Sand. Ugh) but I kind of want to go to the coast this summer, and July will be the best month to do this with me spending so much of it in Cumbria.

And that's all I can really think of right now, so that will have to do.



So even during a month where I'll be going on my first long holiday in nearly 10 years, spending ages in the midlands visiting the in-laws, getting ready to move back to Yorkshire and in with my boyfriend, and trying to organise seeing friends and family I don't get to see nearly enough - a substantial amount of uni work is still topping my to-do list...

Ah well. Needs must!

How's your July shaping up?

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment