Sunday, 6 July 2014

Sunday Linkage - Week 2


I spend more time than I ought to on the web, some good ought to come of it; so here's some links of stuff I've read over the last week that was worth sharing...


This post on the 80/20 rule of eating healthily is making me feel much more okay about the idea of behaving on a more permanent basis.

6 Things The Most Productive People Do Every Day

Cats are particularly adept at delivering Shakespearean put-downs.

Nubby Twiglett wrote an amazing piece about avoiding the comparison trap.

It took me a while to get round to reading it, but Thesis Whisperer's post on avoiding toxic thinking as you do your PhD is pretty damn important.

Kind of corny, and not something I expect would work for me, but this guy's story about how he used his password to change his life is a little bit lovely nonetheless.

You may have missed: me yammering on about the 6 key pieces in my wardrobe.

This is very very important information: The Best Time To Drink Coffee According to Science.

I haven't been using this anywhere near as much as I ought to, but Duolingo is amazing for learning another language. I'm currently using it to relearn Spanish (which I aced at A-level but have now totally forgotten).

Tweeters' responses to #AskThicke were beyond wonderful.

In Medical Ethics News: You'll have probably heard by now about how the Supreme Court in the US thinks that corporations are people whose rights trump those of actual people and that this was put in sharp focus this week by the Hobby Lobby ruling (ugh).
I've yet to read this properly (bad Roxy), but Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has written a 35-page dissent against the ruling (from which e-online (!) provided highlights for a quicker read). The point about the precedent set for other religions and healthcare is particularly brilliant. -- Bonus: someone's turned some of the language of the dissent into a song.


No comments:

Post a Comment