Sunday, 17 August 2014

Sunday Linkage - Week 6



I spend more time than I ought to on the web, some good ought to come of it; so here's some links to stuff I've read over the last week that are worth sharing... (Bumper edition this week! Is it obvious I have a deadline coming up?)

This novelist's tips on working everyday is something to keep in mind for my own work


I seriously want to try to make this: the 1-minute coffee cake... On that note, the same lady has a whole bunch of one-serving recipes on her blog. I feel I need to get my bake-on (I blame GBBO for this new-found enthusiasm).


Speaking of recipes, Briar Rose's White Chocolate Millionaire's Shortbread looks amazing.


Kat Williams reminds us that we need to Live Our Own Truth.


12 of the best "Humans of New York" Posts. Gorgeous stuff.


I don't know how the Laughing Medusa blog managed to stay off my radar for so long - this is awesome! Top posts (from just the last few weeks!) include: Navigating Sadness, 20 Things To Do with Your Instagram Photos, and 50 Simple Steps for Cultivating Self-Love.



This was a bit of a brilliant read -- Obese? I'm a Fat Girl in a Thin Girl's World

This post on things to keep on mind, whether or not you're going to uni, is pretty sound. I'm considering writing something similar, now.


In a month where A-level, GCSE, and (in some unis) resit results are released, this post on not letting your failures define you is very bloody important.

Absolutely loved Nubby Twiglet's post about her unexpected house guest.


This was brilliant:  What I Instagrammed Vs What Was Really Happening 

Excuse me, waiter? There's some feels in my Oatmeal...

While my heart still belongs to the gorgeous green campuses of my alma mater (google Roehampton University if you're curious about the why), this amazing video (with a drone cameraman(!)) shows that my current academic home is absolutely stunning in its own right as well...


No comments:

Post a Comment