Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Currently...


Inspired by this post (ok, with the questions slightly stolen), I thought I'd give you a brief catch up, especially as things are still more than a bit hectic right now.

Reading: Currently re-reading Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett (and falling in love with it all over again), and a ridiculous number of textbooks and articles. Eep.

Watching: Sam and I are hopelessly addicted to the Great British Bake Off (standard), I'm watching Once Upon a Time on the bike (I was not expecting it to be this good), and we've both got a little obsessed with this gaming channel on YouTube (which is not a thing I ever thought I'd say).

Eating: A lot of free food at my first ever conference last week. Seriously exciting times

Drinking: Lots of Pepsi Max... but I'm having a major meeting re: revisions that my assessment piece for my PhD will need on Thursday, so I'm expecting a dramatic increase in my coffee consumption from then!



Using: My legs ...which is a weird way of celebrating that I had a long-ass workout on the bike this morning (woo!)

Recently: Stressing, fretting, travelling for 5 hours at a time, attempting to look professional (before spending the weekend wearing glitter), drinking, gaming, watching stuff, reading loads, bonding with my brother, pestering my boyfriend, finally calming down (a bit).

Wearing: Blazers. A lot. It's amazing what you can get away with wearing if you have a blazer to hand to make it look professional.

See

Listening: To a lot of whirring; Sam's PC is noisy.

Trying: To keep myself calm. I spent a lot of last week panicking over my thesis assessment next month, now I just need to keep on top of my nerves until I get the green light to work on paper one... or until I get the sack (touch wood that it's the former - eek)

Purchased: Games, food, and a lot of train tickets.

Working: On sorting out my referencing for the assessment piece. Not the most enjoyable bit of research, but needs-must.

Enjoying: Living with Sam (still!) and getting ready for our (late) house-warming party this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment