Friday, 26 September 2014

Good Things


I feel so happy right now, it's ridiculous. So I thought I'd share some of the good things that are making me grin like a tool with all of you...


  • Getting my First Year Report handed in for annual review (following some lovely feedback from my supervisors (especially my law one))
  • Visiting my cousin for the first time in ages, and finally being able to meet his mister and their kitten
  • Also, that kitten? It can play fetch. Awesome.
  • Spending time with my friends - with the exception of the lovely Sadie, I basically didn't see any of them between May and September(!) so getting back to pub visits and chilling out at people's houses has been invaluable.
  • One of my supervisors asking if she can share my literature review as it was a "good example" of one.
  • My dad, brother, and step-mum visiting me and Sam at the new(ish) flat - first ever out-of-town visit from my dad!
  • Calming down about the annual review (even if I'm an ethicist being assessed by two lawyers - eek!)
  • Sam getting drunk yesterday... I'd never actually seen him be drunk before (and we've been together nearly 18 months!) so it was quite an experience. Also: he's adorable when drunk.
  • Finally getting a HDMI cable to connect to the telly in the living room - might not sound like much, but it turns out that Parks & Rec marathons (thank you, Netflix) while on a comfy sofa are pretty much one of the best things in the world.
  • Date night!
  • Visiting family.
  • Hangover - and sympathy hangover - breakfasts. Nom.
  • Humble Bundles.... I have a problem.
  • On that note: Long Live The Queen? Surprisingly good.
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited - which is way more awesome than I was expecting. I might do a post on this later...
  • Glittery things - courtesy of the Glitterati (I will do a post about that at some point, promise!)
  • This classic rock song
  • And, weirdly, this dubstep one as well (it's Sam's fault for playing so much Far Cry 3)
  • Rimmel Colour Rush - I seem to have gone all girly. (For anyone curious: I wear On Fire for work and Boom Chic a Boom to go out-out in. I'm sure you'll all sleep better knowing that).
  • Also: getting briefly obsessed with this topcoat
  • Losing a bit of weight - holy hell!
  • And finally Sam. Always Sam.

Poor, long-suffering Sam....

No comments:

Post a Comment