Tuesday, 11 November 2014

The Bearded Tit Market in Leeds



I did my MA in Leeds and, while it took me a while to admit it, I have to say the city is actually pretty cool. I never lived there, but I still work there on occassion and the fact that two of my best friends now live there means that I am going to be spending even more time there in the future.

What I know to be particularly ace about Leeds is its sheer volume of awesome bars. I suppose that that can be said about many cities, but having had celebratory cocktails in Carpe Diem, relaxed on the massive armchairs in Foley's, and sunk one too many bottles of Original Sin (best cider ever) in North Bar, I've got a bit of a soft spot for the city and its haunts. (Though of course my heart still belongs to The Red Deer in Sheffield... and Monroe's in Manchester).

I'm also very aware how ace the city is for shopping. Uni bestie Sadie and I had a wander around Leeds Trinity a few weeks after it opened and were more than a little gobsmacked. And considering that we'd spent nearly three years living rather close to Westfields White City, that's no mean feat.

There's a side to Leeds that I never got particularly involved in, but it radiates from the city: It's Full of Artists.

And now, all three of these things are coming together.



The Bearded Tit Market is coming to Crowd of Favours this Saturday (15th Nov) and will be a Market in a cool-as Bar, filled with hand-made Arts and crafts. And we're not really talking your Great Aunt Sylvia's doilies.

So basically, you'll be able to *Shop, *Drink, and - this just in - *Get cupcakes from my brilliant Leeds-based bestie Robyn.

Just click these words to find out more about this ace-looking event that I'm kind of miffed to be missing (though I'm missing it for my birthday cake party, which softens the blow at least).



Disclaimer: I'm not sponsored for this, I'm not getting anything for saying these words, it's a thing that my mate's helping out at that actually looks rather ace. So go to it so I can live vicariously through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment