Sunday, 8 February 2015

Recipe: Flourless Pancakes

So I made some flourless pancakes today...


It was super simple to make and I rather enjoyed them (though how much the golden syrup had to do with that, I'm not sure).

My recipe was pretty much a bastardization of this picture that's been doing the rounds on Facebook and Instagram. I've no idea of the original source, so if anyone knows it I'd be happy to drop credit where it's due.

Ingredients...
  • 1 and 1/2 bananas (the half that's left does for a garnish)
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
  • Dash of cinnamon 
Method...
  • Whisk up the eggs and mash up the banana in separate bowls
  • Bring them together to mix until smooth... I have no patience, so I used my blender for this
  • Add vanilla essence and cinnamon to taste and mix them into the egg/banana mixture.
  • Pop the frying pan on with some oil and once it's heated up a bit, pour out about 2 tablespoons of mixture for each pancake
  • Do the usual flipping and whatnot til they're ready
  • Repeat until you've used up the mixture.
  • Garnish as desired (honey would probably be way healthier than golden syrup in all honesty)
  • Consume!

No comments:

Post a Comment