Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Looking Ahead to September


I still don't quite understand why it's already September. This year is going by far too quickly and it's freaking me out.

All the more reason then to try and make the most of it, I suppose.

September's looking like it's going to be a busy one - one day in and I'm already a mildly panicked and rushing around like a woman possessed.

Though today's been pretty fruitful - I got some reading done, ran some errands in town (including handing in the contract to book our wedding reception venue!), got some housework sorted, did some admin, spent some time with Sam, and started sorting out my passport renewal.

Phew!

We've got our annual visit to the hills coming up later this month, so I'm trying to hit a load of targets in time for then, as well as gear myself up for my first ever conference presentation which will be held just a few days before we head up to Cumbria. Factor in as well the research meeting I have when I get back, as well as some important wedding-related meetings, and I'm already feeling a bit frazzled before anything's even begun!

But it will be worth it - and I can't tell you how excited I am to get back onto those Cumbrian fells. This is the longest I've been without visiting the Lakes since I was first introduced to the area way back in 2012. The week in July when Sam and I normally go and visit passed by in a muzzy haze; you know that feeling that you should be somewhere else right at that moment? That. All week. (Still it was that week that we got engaged, so it could be worse!)

So tomorrow will be another day of packing in exercise, errands, housework, lots of uni work, and attempting to not ignore Sam at any point throughout. And will continue in this vein until it's time to pack up and head North.

And in October? Well then there's just teaching, the annual review, and presenting at my first major conference... overseas... in a part of Europe I've never been to before.

I foresee my birthday in November being one involving a large amount of cider!

Still, I wouldn't have it any other way.  :)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment